Award-winning graphic designer and art director with experience developing corporate identity, product branding, various print collateral, including brochures and ads, as well as web, video and other multimedia, in both direct-to-consumer and business-to-business environments. Exceptional strengths in conceptual design and communication goals. Detail oriented, comfortable with short turnaround times and heavy workloads. Skilled in traditional and modern media for design and production of finished materials. Proficient in the use of QuarkXpress, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver. Experienced with HTML, CSS, Flash and Director. Strong troubleshooting skills, familiar with cross-browser and cross-platform issues, comfortable with Mac or PC operating systems.
Identity development, motion graphics, web graphics, letterhead and stationary design, storyboarding, traditional illustration and
painting, page layout/design and advertising.
- Freelance Graphic Designer - 1989 - Present
Virginia Hill Dental Team, Yokota Players Community Theater, United States Air Force, Personal Pop-ups, OR-connect, TE Bouton,
The Help Group, Dzign Graphics, Carter & Balsam
Art directed, designed and produced various collateral including brochures, direct mail, advertising, multimedia presentations and
- Karl Storz Endoscopy, America-Inc., Culver City, CA. - 7/98 - Present
- Senior Graphic Designer/Art Director
Work with and art direct members of the creative team to develop and implement new marketing campaigns as well as branding
for new products and services. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to managing vendors, supervising press checks,
and art directing photography.
Designed and produced various collateral including brochures, catalogs, advertising, POP displays, packaging and web graphics.
- Belkin Components, Compton, CA. - 7/96 - 7/98
- Graphic Designer
Work with and art direct members of the creative team to develop marketing collateral as well as branding for new products.
Additional responsibilities include but not limited to managing vendors, supervising press checks, and art directing photography.
- 374th Services Div., US Air Force, Yokota Air Base, Japan - 5/94 - 1/96
- Illustrator/Visual Communications Specialist - Marketing & Publicity Department
- Designed and produced various collateral including one sheets, magazine cover art, illustrations, signage, manuals and pamphlets.
- Core Responsibilities:
- Work with members of the creative team to create and promote events on and around the Air Base.
- Art Institute Online (currently enrolled)
- BS in Graphic Design Program
- Dynamic Graphics Training
- Advanced Graphic Design (2004)
- The Art of Art Direction (2005)
- Santa Monica Community College, 1996
- Introduction to Animation
- Art Institute of Atlanta, Atlanta GA 1988-1989
- Visual Communications/Graphic Design Major
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh NC, 1985-1987Part-time/General Studies
Download a PDF version of Katherine Hood's resume